Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Triple Digits


Last night I put the kids in the car so we could take a movie back. It was 6:00. Before backing out of the garage I noticed the outside temperature (in my garage) was 122 degrees! Enough triple digits for us.

The kids go back to school on Monday and I am already dreading the 3:20 pick up in the afternoon when it is 105 outside.

Fortunately for us, if we are willing to drive about 30-40 minutes we can escape the heat and see some real trees. We decided to do just that a few days ago. We drove to Mt. Charleston and took the kids on a little hike. It was great. I was reminded that we really should do this more often.








1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh Amy...I HEAR ya!!! I am heading to pick up in an hour, and dreading it myself. People say you get used to it, but really...should humans have to?? I think the lizards, snakes, and road runners are used to it...but not us! Miss you!