At 8 hours old Zoe's biliruben count began to spike due to a ABO blood incompatiblity. She was taken to the NICU and put under the lights constantly. I was able to nurse her every 3 hours for 3o minutes. It was the only time I got to hold her for the first six days of her life.
After spending 6 days in the NICU we were able to bring our baby home. It was also the day we were able to move into our new house!
Zoe catching some early morning rays in an attempt to keep her from looking too yellow.
Zoe has been a wonderful new addition to our family. We have had a lazy summer with many days spent at home loving this new baby. Our new house is feeling more like home to all of us.
The kids have spent many hours in our pool this summer. It has been wonderful to not have to pack a swim bag each day.
Our house also came with a fire pit. The boys have loved roasting hotdogs and marshmellows.
Piper loves babies and Zoe is no exception. I am so glad that they will have each other as they get older.
Atticus and Finn both did swim team this summer. They both did great and are really good swimmers, way better than me!
>
Miles had a fun time during his swimming lessons this summer.
It has been a great summer and soon the kids will go back to school. We have enjoyed this new little baby and having a little more space in our new home. It feels like we have had a lot of changes this summer, all of them good, and life is finally settling down a bit.
Miles had a fun time during his swimming lessons this summer.
3 comments:
Congrats n the new baby! She is a beauty just like the rest.
Xo
Wow! I so miss you!!! You are amazing! I heard briefly from Heather all the Zoe complications! Crazy! SO grateful you are both ok now. So impressed that you took a trip to UT the month after you had her! AND were in a swim suit!? You look great!!!
Amy, you constantly amaze me. You are a true supermom! I love all the family pics. Such a gorgeous family. And I LOVE Piper's hair. She totally looks like a big girl.
Post a Comment