Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vacation

This year Josh was lucky to have the week before and the week of Thanksgiving off. We decided that this year we would try to go on a vacation for part of it. We were able to go on a 4 day cruise without our kids! Josh's parents are amazing- they came to our house and watched our kids so we could go. Everything worked out great, the kids didn't seem to miss us too much, and Josh and I had a really great time. This was the first time we have left our kids. It was so great to be able to spend that time together, and not to have to worry too much about anything.

In case of emergency...

Mini golf on the ship.


Exploring Catalina Island


Mini golf at Catalina Island

Formal Night on the Boat.

Josh forced me to enter a Trivia Contest- I actually won!

Josh not too thrilled I stopped to take this picture!

Favorite souvenirs from Mexico.

8 comments:

Richardson Five said...

How fun!!! I am so glad you guys got to go. A much needed vaca I'm sure. One of our favorite movies is Nacho! I love it!

Richardson Five said...

How fun!!! I am so glad you guys got to go. A much needed vaca I'm sure. One of our favorite movies is Nacho! I love it!

miquelle and cody said...

How fun! You definately deserve it!

Brenda said...

That is great that you guys got a vacation away. I love the masks from Mexico. ;) Amy, you are seriously the cutest pregnant person that I know! You look GREAT!

The Mendez Family said...

Good for you!!! We've never left our kids either and I have a feeling it will never happen :( Maybe years down the road, but not anytime soon. Congrats on taking a vacation and enjoying yourselves, especially before your little girl arrives!

Lark said...

Looks like it was fun! We'll have to get together so you can tell me all about it!

Wendi said...

I am anxious to hear more details about you cruise. I think it is so awesome you won the trivia contest!! Way to go!!

Mindy Burns said...

Jealous! You guys needed it! Where did the cruise go? We're dying to take a cruise somewhere....Did you know that our senior trips were to Caralina Island? I'm sure you saw Palos Verdes on the mainland- the big tall jutted out area- that's where I went to HS junior and senior year! Next time invite us! :)