

I asked Josh if this is what he is learning at the hospital and he replied "this is wilderness medicine."
I then consulted one of Josh's textbooks for a definition of wilderness medicine. This is what I found- "Wilderness medicine is in part defined as traditional medicine in nontraditional settings."
I'm not sure if this definition really applies here, but I do think this method for stopping a bloody nose is a little nontraditional.
2 comments:
Way to think outside the box Josh! It probably worked great. I will have to take note. Liz gets them all the time between allergies and diggin for gold. Only I usually pinch her nose for about 5 minutes.
WOW! That is amazing! Maybe Josh secretly wants to go live in the wilderness after residency so he can apply some of his techniques. He always was the Mountain Man in VT!
Post a Comment