Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Scorpions!!!


Have I mentioned that I loathe, hate, can't stand, and get quite freaked out when I find a scorpion in my house! I was just getting Miles undressed and ready to take a bath, when a little ugly scorpion was crawling along the outside of our bathtub. I do like Las Vegas, but why, oh why, do we have to find scorpions in our house? We had been here about a week or so and we found one in our bedroom. Throughout the summer we found one a month; mostly in our garage. I was thinking that scorpion season was over, since I hadn't seen one for a few months, but unfortunately I had my little sighting tonight! We had a pest service come in the summer, but scorpions aren't insects, they are crustaceans, so nothing really works to get rid of them. If anyone knows of anything to help me with this problem, I'd love a little insight.

5 comments:

gk risser said...

hi amy! is that the actual scorpion you saw? that's freaky! your boys are so cute! how fun to see all those great pictures. -susanna (florence) risser

Jasmine said...

Amy, just make sure to shake out the boys' shoes in the morning. I never got attacked in Africa, but one day I was walking past a hut and there was a middle age man sitting in the shade of his extended grass roof and was obviously suffering. I asked him what ailed him and he told me a scorpion had stung his foot. He just laid there all day sweating and rolling the eyes into the back of his head. I asked him how he treated it and he told me sitting in the shade was his treatment. It only lasted a few days, but his whole leg was swollen. Tell Finn I'm a scorpion.

-arthur

Robyn said...

Hi Amy - Ted here - school's done so I hope to become a blogophile. We saw the movie "A Good Year" - loved it - it mentions lavender as a weapon against the scorps. p.s. go easy on Marie Osmond

Andrew said...

Amy and Josh,

Paul gives me updates on Josh's residency and we link through Parke and Lark's blog.

I am the spider and bug killer in the home but I don't think I could handle scorpions. Elizabeth would definitely freak. Are scorpions as scary as mice?

I need to catch up with Josh about ER. have him email me.

Bren said...

YIKES!! I don't think I could fall asleep if one of those was around. Good luck!